Thursday, July 14, 2011

Artsy Day

I was feeling a little artsy today so we got out the paints and went to town. It was my first real art project in over a year and Gabriella's first time painting.

She did a great job dipping her brush and then keeping it on the wooden heart.
 She only tried to eat it once but I caught it before the green paint hit her mouth!

She was very proud of her "picture" when she woke up from nap and it was all dry. We strung a ribbon through the top and hung it on the wall above her bed. She sat and admired it for awhile after I left the room.
My finished project. Its wooden hearts strung with ribbon on a metal coat hanger that I bent and curled by hand (ouch!). It is hanging above our front window in the living room. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. All in all we had a fun girly artsy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment