Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mini Vacation in Portland

Matt and I were blessed to be able to have an overnight trip to Portland all by ourselves! My parents generously agreed to watch Gabriella overnight so we could have a night to ourselves before Reuben is born. And it worked out great that the night she spent with them was when my cousin and her three kiddos were up visiting. I heard that the kids had a great time playing all together :)

We left Grants Pass at 8 am Saturday morning and drove almost straight through to Portland so we could hit their Saturday Farmers Market. It was awesome! So many wonderful veggies, fruits, "bands", and gluten-free baked goods.

After that we stopped for a quick check-in at our hotel and then hopped on the streetcar system for a free trip downtown.

We browsed through a couple shops and then headed to Deschutes Brewery for lunch.










Matt got some on-tap gluten-free golden ale and I was LOVING the gluten-free grilled cheese and sweet potato fries! They have a great gluten-free menu!

Matt was a good sport and posed next to the giant statue at the entrance to China town.

My request (of course) was a stop at one of the many Ben & Jerry's Scooperies. It was so hard to choose which flavors to try, but we did. Yummmmmmmmmy!

We headed back to our hotel and I started not feeling very good. About 10 minutes later I thought I was going to have an asthma attack. We figured that the culprit was the wall directly outside our room.
They didn't have any other rooms available on a different floor so we were able to get our money back but found ourselves with no hotel at 7:30pm. We hopped on our phones in the car and we able to use expedia.com to get an even cheaper room that was WAY nicer at a Red Lion motel. God is SO good!

Sunday we slept in, hit a New Seasons market for some gluten-free goodies, then headed home. We stopped at Trader Joe's (more goodies!) and then picked up some Voodoo Donuts in Eugene for my parents for watching Gabriella for us. My dad was super excited!

Gabriella was thrilled to see us and loved the "My Pal Violet" leapfrog puppy that we got for her. Such a sweetie!

I missed my little bunny so much!!! But it was really nice for Matt and I to have some time just the two of us before life gets crazy wonderful again in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment