Thursday, February 9, 2012

Funniest Night So Far

I think tonight was our funniest night as a family so far. I say "so far" because with Matt and I as parents together, we are bound to have funnier nights than this.

Gabriella and I decided to make Matt some cookies tonight to celebrate his birthday early. I have the exact number of eggs that I need for his cake tomorrow so I browsed the cookbook looking for a recipe that had no eggs and that I could make gluten-free. We found a match with "Russian Tea Cakes". I was excited, they are one of my favorite cookies!!

We girls mixed them up and put them in the oven to bake. Every time I checked on them in the oven, Gabriella would yell, "Stay back! Cuidado!"

They were finally done and I pulled them out of the oven. Half of them crumbled when I took them off the cookie sheet and then they crumbled again when I dusted them with powdered sugar.

I got a little "handsy" with Matt. I've always wanted to put a powdered sugar hand-print on someone!

Gabriella was really upset and cried every time she took a bite of her cookie because it would crumble all over. Matt rubbed a handful of crumbs all over his face to try and calm her down. It didn't work with her but he and I both had some laughs!

We finally got her to eat some more and then she loved them!

When Matt rubbed them all over his face he made a giant mess on the floor and Gabriella wanted to help clean it up. As you can see in the background, Josie got some birthday cookies too.

I had put some paper towels under the wire cookie rack to catch all the crumbs to make it easier to clean up and thought that we could eat the crumbs with a spoon since all the cookies were crumbling. Matt put it on the floor and he and Gabriella started eating it. 


She wasn't too sure about it at first, but then she joined right in. 
"You eat it with you hands!"
(she refers to herself as "you")

Showing me that her face looked like Daddy's after they got done eating without their hands like puppies do. 

Little powdered sugar boy!

We all laughed so hard tonight! We had a gigantic mess on the floor and counter, my entire kitchen was covered in powdered sugar, our cookies were a total disaster, and we laughed harder than we have in a long time. I love how God and a goofy husband can turn a potentially stressful situation into a hilarious family memory! 


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your cookie disaster turned into family fun night :-)

    ReplyDelete