Tuesday, June 10, 2014

French Toast ~ No sugar, dairy, soy or gluten

I am always looking for something new and delicious to make for meals for myself to eat. Last week my amazing hubby found me some bread that I could actually eat! Woo hoo! It is from Trader Joes and is free of wheat, gluten and absolutely no sweetener is used. Hooray for me!!

Today I decided to try some French Toast with my new bread for lunch. I think that it turned out amazing and both kids agreed. Here is the recipe to make your own.

Ingredients
1 organic egg
1/3 cup Silk Unsweetened Almond Coconut Milk blend
1/2 teaspoon ground organic cinnamon
6 slices Gluten Free bread (I used Trader Joes Brown Rice Bread)

In a shallow bowl (large enough to fit a slice of bread in) use a fork and whisk together all the ingredients except the bread.

Heat a frying pan on your range top at medium heat. I used a pre-oil treatment organic frying pan so I never use any oil to cook with. If you normally use oil so that things don't stick to your cookware, then use some now. Wet each side of the slices of bread with the egg mixture and place flat in your heated frying pan. Only dip bread in mixture right before you put it  in the pan. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Flip over and fry other side 1-2 minutes as well until lightly browned.

Serve warm.

I drizzled some unsweetened almond butter and some homemade peach jam (no sweetener added) over the top. It was amazing and definitely will become a family favorite!

For more amazing gluten free recipes, check out Allergy Free Alaska's blog for their Gluten Free and DIY Tuesdays post. Talk about some delicious recipes to try!!


No comments:

Post a Comment