Monday, April 2, 2012

April Fool's Weekend

Saturday morning we met up with Matt's dad to go visit his parents and let them meet Xander for the first time.

Four generations of McEntire men!
Don, Grampa Joe, Xander and Matt

Here's Xander with Great-Gramma Melda

It was fun to see Matt's grandparents again, and they both were very lucid this time so it was a good visit. As usual, Gabriella entertained everyone with her spinning, hopping, and singing. 

Matt and I both had plans on Saturday evening so we recruited my mom and a friend as baby-sitters so we could each have a little bit of fun by ourselves. Matt went and played games with his brother-in-law and some buddies (he got home at 3 am!) and I went to a make-over party.
Here I am with my "smokey eye" make-up. Not really my thing, but it was nice to hang out with the girls!

My mom watched Xander for us (so nice to be able to leave him with someone we trust! I love having my family so close to us!). 
Here they are playing Peek-a-boo!

We slept over at my mom's since Matt was playing games 5 minutes from their house and wanted to stay out so late. He got to sleep on the floor with Gabriella. He said that between 3-7 am he got woken up about 10 times by his wiggly bed buddy! 

Xander has recently started getting his thumb in his mouth to suck on. Its so stinkin' cute!!

We taught Gabriella what April Fools was. She proceeded to run around all day (including during quiet moments at church) yelling, "April Bools!" and then laughing her head off!

This is Gabriella's potato head version of Uncle Jonny


Gabriella and Daddy's new trick!

After my sister's birthday party we got home to find our street lined with power trucks. A tree had fallen down across the street from us and taken down a pole and some lines. They cut our power about 3 minutes after we walked in the door so they could fix the lines and replace the pole. Gabriella kept yelling,"turn light back on!" Matt tried to explain to her what was happening but she just kept yelling. We lit a bunch of candles and our power came on about 1/2 an hour later. It was a fun first power outage for the Munch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment