Thursday, April 12, 2012

Couponing

I've recently found a new activity, couponing! I'd always seen those shows on tv about people who scored crazy deals and wondered how they did that. I'm nowhere near to being an "extreme couponer", but I think I'm doing pretty good! As a stay at home mom, I need something to do all day (come on, none of us actually want to do all that housework our little ones create constantly). Here are some recent deals that Matt and I have gotten in the last couple weeks. (he's been a great sport about taking a pile of coupons to Target on his lunch break for me!)

4/12/12 Walmart
Paid: $3.98
Regular Price (before coupons and mail-in Rebates): $21.38

4/5/12 at Target
Paid: $11.92 
Regular Price: $22.44

4/4/12 At Walmart
Paid $3.92 for everything
Regularly: $10.90

3/27/12 Harbor Freight
Paid $3.21 for everything
Regularly: $28.57

3/23/12 at Michaels
Paid $6.06 for both 
Regular Price before coupons & Sales was $24.98

4/12/12 at Target
Paid:$5.13
Regular Price:$19.93

I'd like to think we are doing pretty good. 
Most of the deals that I get are from the website http://hip2save.com/
Its great because I always wondered how you could use multiple coupons on the same item, load coupons up and get great freebies to. On this website she outlines exactly how to put in store coupons together with manufacturers coupons and pair them up with great sales. For example, all the GreenWorks products in the picture right above. I had coupons for $2 off each of them, used them at a sale with a promo for "buy three products get free dish soap". So it was a mega deal! 

If you are at all interested in couponing, even just a little bit, I highly recommend the hip2save website. She also posts links for freebies and other great deals (such as free shipping and mega internet sales). 

Also, if you come across any couponing tips or things that work really well for you, please let me know!





1 comment:

  1. Awesome job Emily!!! I love that you are doing this as an activity for yourself but it's benefiting your family and budget at the same time! Thanks for sharing the hip2save site thru your Facebook a few weeks back; I've scored on a few things too since I signed up for the emails. Who doesn't love a good deal :)

    ReplyDelete