Sunday, October 27, 2013

An Escape to the Zoo

Phew! This last week has been emotional and chaotic! We are still dealing with a leaky bathroom sink, constantly running bathtub, no dryer, a washer that takes 2 hours to wash one load, and a dirty house; but we are alive and well (except my little Roo who is still battling some sickness) and God is good!

This morning we were going to try out a second church but I was up for two hours in the middle of the night with Xander. When the alarm went off at 7:45 I had barely gotten him back to sleep for the third time so Matt and I whispered and decided to live stream the church's service instead of waking up the kids and going to it. I closed my eyes and opened them again at 9:42! Both kids were still sound asleep. We woke them up at 10 and decided to go to the zoo. I packed a quick lunch for us and we were off!

Watching the Arctic Foxes

A Musk-Ox
It took Gabriella a few tries to be able to say his name right, She kept calling him a "Mug-Osk"

Polar Bear measuring chart

They were feeding the polar bears some fish so they were right up next to the glass and in the water. Gabriella was pressed right up against the window watching them. 

Xander looking at the walrus.
I love how so many of the aquatic exhibits can be viewed from above and below the water. It's so fun!

Me and Munchie. 
We were waiting for the boys to catch up to us as Xander was insisting on pushing the stroller and he ran into something every 2 feet. 

Looking at the purple starfish!

In the touch room. Gabriella was too scared to touch anything but I had fun!

In a shark's mouth!

A group of people were inside the shark tank. Apparently you can pay money to get to scuba dive with the sharks. 

Xander loved the porcupine. He sat and watching it quite intently while he was eating his sandwich. 

Feeding the Budgie birds. 

"I'm just taking a little rest inside this giant spiders web"

Gabriella the snail!

Watching the Meerkats. They really liked her. That one stared at her the whole time she was standing there. 

"I look like a cute little goatie!"

Helping Xander feed the dwarf goats

"Look at my giant eye!"

And snuggling Bob on the way home. 

It was a fun trip and great to be able to get out of the house for a bit, let the kids run around and have some fun as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment