Saturday, October 19, 2013

Long Week

It's been a long week and I haven't been blogging. Mostly I have been trying to hold it together emotionally. Moving is hard. Even if you are following where God leads, even if you are doing it for all the right reasons, even if it is only temporary. .... it is still hard.

We got the truck loaded up in record time and made great time driving. Then it started....

Gabriella got car sick Saturday morning and she and I were on the side of the freeway in the rain trying to clean everything up.

The house was FILTHY! After the rental lady left and our friend who helped us unload the refrigerator left I cried and cried.

Gabriella has been an emotional roller coaster since we arrived. She has always been very particular about routine and things being done a certain way. But it takes most of my energy just to stay calm while trying to comfort her. She has also refused to sleep in her new room so both kids and the dog are in our room every night.

Xander got croup the second night we were here which meant that I didn't sleep for three nights. Lack of sleep never helps anything.

I ended up with a bout of food poisoning last night. Matt did a good job of playing "Mr. Mom" today with the kids.

I miss my family and a particular friend horribly. I was thinking about it the other night and decided that one of the reasons I was feeling so "alone" is because we aren't part of a church anymore. I miss that fellowship covering that a church family provides. 

There have been some definite highlights of our week. The kids and I took two long walks looking for parks. One of them was a 4 mile round trip! Being on a walk gave Gabriella and I time just to chat about what ever she wanted without the distractions of unpacked boxes or dirty walls.

We received a welcome gift in the mail from my cousins. It was such a surprise and a blessing. It is nice to know someone is thinking of you and your kids, even though we don't see each other very often. I definitely will be sending a welcome gift to future family members and friends that move!

The owner of the rental agency came by and they are going to fix some of the major things wrong with the house (like the giant hole in the wall, leaking faucet and washer and dryer that don't work). That is such a relief!

Tomorrow we are headed to a pumpkin patch/corn maze with our friends who live up here. I am looking forward to having some fun!

Here are some pics from this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment