Thursday, August 7, 2014

Chocolate Banana Health Bombs!

I know, I know. Not the best recipe title, but I couldn't think of any other way to describe them.

Sunday was the one year anniversary of Matt's dad going to Heaven and he wanted cookies for dinner. Of course I said, "sure thing!".

I made Matt and the kids a batch of my Gluten-dairy-free-chocolate-chip-cookies (with an added 1/4 cup of protein powder) and then had to figure out something that I could eat that was like a cookie.

Here it is... a grain/gluten-free, dairy-free, naturally sweetened cookie.

In a medium bowl blend together:
1 banana
2 organic eggs
3 Tablespoons Organic Flaxseed, freshly ground
3 Tablespoons Organic Maple Syrup

Once they are thoroughly blended, stir in:
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
1/4 cup Raw Cacao Powder
1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut.
Batter mixed up and ready to bake

Drop by spoonful onto Parchment Paper lined baking sheet.

Bake 10 minutes at 375F

Then gently move to cooling rack to cool.

They are delicious, have a good texture and 3 grams of protein per cookie!!! 
My batch was 20 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment