Friday, August 1, 2014

Paleo Protein Smoothie

I've always had trouble finding something I enjoy having for breakfast. I like eggs, but usually don't have the energy to cook them.
We were at the store awhile back and saw this amazing protein powder, Orgain. I was starving and saw it was organic so I grabbed it off the shelf, mostly to check ingredients for my mom. To my surprise I could actually eat it! It is gluten free, vegan and sweetened with Stevia and monkfruit (the two last ingredients). It is rice, hemp and pea protein based. My husband immediately grabbed a jug and threw it in the cart.
Every morning now I make a smoothie for breakfast that keeps me full and fueled for hours. Here's the recipe.

Ingredients
1 ripe banana
3/4 cup non dairy milk, unsweetened
1 scoop Orgain Organic Protein Powder
Combine all ingredients in a Magic Bullet

As variations you can use 1/2 cup frozen fruit or add 1 tablespoon of nut butter for a little more texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment