Thursday, July 31, 2014

Terrific Turkey Meatballs ~ Paleo

You can't go wrong with a good meatball. I have a great recipe for my Marvelous Meatballs made with beef, but since I had gotten such a good deal on organic ground turkey at the store I wanted to make some with it.

Here is the recipe for some amazingly healthy and Terrific Turkey Meatballs




Ingredients
1 pound ground organic turkey
1/2 cup Almond Flour
2 organic eggs
1 tablespoon Organic Flax Oil
1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard (I use Trader Joes brand)
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
Dash of crushed red pepper (can be omitted)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands. Line a 9x13 pan and a 9x9 pan with Parchment Paper . Form meat mixture into 1 inch balls and place in pans, just slightly apart but not touching. My recipe yields 33 meatballs.

Bake at 400F for approximately 30 minutes or until lightly browned and internal temperature is at least 170 degrees F.

Enjoy!

As a meal suggestion, here we are enjoying ours with steamed local green beans, basmati rice and some homemade peach sauce.




No comments:

Post a Comment