Sunday, March 9, 2014

Marvelous Meatballs ~ Grain, dairy and sugar-free!

My parents brought us up some organic, grass fed ground beef last time they came to visit so I was trying to think of something to do with it. Then it hit me... meatballs!

Here is my attempt at a grain-free, dairy-free, no sweetener recipe. I have to admit, I think they are the best meatballs I have ever had. I loved the flavor and the texture!

Ingredients:
Mix together with your hands in a large bowl
1/2 cup Almond Flour
1 Tablespoon Organic Flax Oil
1 Tablespoon Spicy mustard (be sure to check the ingredients of your mustard to know what is in it! I used Trader Joe's Spicy Deli Mustard)
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
2 organic eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound organic ground beef (93/7)

Once it is completely mixed up with your hands, form into balls that are about 1 inch in diameter.
With my recipe I was able to get 33 meatballs from it.

Then place on Parchment Paper and bake at 400 F for 30-45 minutes (or until the internal temp has reached 165F)

Here they are!

We ate ours for dinner with organic peas and some organic red quinoa that Gabriella picked out last time we were at Whole Foods.

These meatballs will definitely be on our menu again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment