Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bread Medallions ~ Grain-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free

I have been searching for an alternative to chips and think this is a fairly good start.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup Almond Flour
1 tsp Chia Seeds
1 cup full fat Organic Coconut Milk 
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (the kind in a box)


Mix your dry ingredients together then slowly pour in and mix in the liquids.

Here is my "batter"

The recipe I was trying to follow online said to fry it up in a frying pan.......

Not so much.... But I didn't consider it a total loss and used them as bread crumbs of sorts.

After the frying pan debaucle I got out my griddle and made them like small pancakes. I cooked them at 350-375 degrees F for quite a while. I also mashed them down with the spatula several times to help get the coconut flour inside to cook. It was tedious, but they turned out pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised.

They looked just like little pancakes. They had a very bread-like texture and a sweet taste to them (all from the coconut ingredients).

I ate them dipped in my homemade creamy tomato soup (also grain, dairy and sweetener-free). You can make your own here) And you will note the crumbled mess from the frying an made delicious "bread crumbs".

I posted the disaster side of this recipe so that you can see that even us, make our own recipes gals, have disasters and make huge messes. But, that's how we learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment