Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Creamy Tomato Soup ~ Dairy-free, Grain-free and sweetener free!

Today tomato soup sounded good. So I headed to my pantry to get ingredients. Unfortunately I found that my organic vegetable broth and organic tomato sauce had cane sugar of some sort in each of them. Bummer! Thankfully, I had my homemade chicken stock that I made last week (recipe here). So I grabbed some diced tomatoes and homemade stock and headed back to the kitchen.

Ingredients:
 6 cups organic chicken stock
1 T garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp basil
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 c full fat Organic Coconut Milk )

Puree the tomatoes in a Food Processor or blender until mostly smooth.

Add the tomatoes and all other ingredients EXCEPT the coconut milk to a large pot on the stove.

Bring to a boil (stir regularly so it doesn't scald) and then turn down to med-low to simmer for 15-20 minutes.

After 15-20 minutes add in the 3/4 cup coconut milk and stir.

And there you go. Homemade grain, dairy and sweetener-free creamy tomato soup.
Here it is pictured with my bread medallions (also grain, dairy and sweetener-free). Get the recipe here to make your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment