Friday, August 5, 2011

Hair Bands!

I have a new obsession, making hair do-dads! My friend Rebecca (click to check out her blog with pics of her creations) came over and we made some hair clippies and headbands while our two little ones ran around the livingroom.


This is a giant maroon pompom flower I made from my husband's old T-shirts. Then I glued it to a headband I bought in a 21 pack at the Dollar Store. I followed the tutorial by Little Miss Momma  to make it.

Gabriella pointing at the pretty flower on her head!

A rolled fabric flower attatched to a ponytail band. I followed the tutorial on Prudent Baby to make this one. It was also super easy, just a scrap of fabric, ponytail band (bought in the same bundle with the headbands from the Dollar Store) and some hot glue.  





Here's another giant pompom on a head band and a rolled flower on a hair clippie.






Two more
pompom clippies.





And my little helper!
Gabriella loves to "help" me make them. She stands on a chair in the kitchen at the counter with me and plays with scrap fabric. Then she gets very excited when I put them on her head to model them. I love my little helper!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics and the add-ins about your little helper :) Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used the term "do-dad." Classic! You've got a real knack for it, I love every single one!

    ReplyDelete