Tuesday, February 12, 2013

90 Calorie Mini Quiches!

I got creative with dinner tonight. We enjoy quiche but it always takes SO long to cook! So tonight I decided to try making mini ones.

I diced up a cup of organic spinach, 4 mini sweet bell peppers, and then mixed them with 1 1/2 cups of shredded hash browns. 
After greasing 18 muffin tins I sprinkled the first three ingredients in. 

Next I mixed 10 eggs and 1 1/2 cups goat milk. I seasoned it with a little garlic, salt and pepper; then poured it over the veggies already in the tins.
(I used 1/4 cup measuring cup for this part and it worked perfectly)
After topping them with a smidgen of goat cheese (1/8 cup grated split equally between the tins) they were ready for the oven. 

About 25 minutes at 350 F (or until they are fully cooked). 

Here they are, all golden brown and ready to eat. 

Running a butter knife gently around them first, they easily turned out of the tins when I tipped them upside down. I topped them with a small slice of avocado (one small one split equally between all 18). 

They were delicious, gluten-free and dairy-free! My kids and hubby gobbled them up! 

Here is the nutrition info per quiche:
Total Calories     90
Total Fat    5.2 grams
Protein     5.8 grams
Total Carbs   3.9 grams

Perfect for the PCOS Diet, a low-carb diet or a Gluten or Dairy Free Diet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment