Thursday, April 3, 2014

Garlic Kale

One of my favorite side dishes is wilted Garlic Kale. No one else in my family likes it so I get to eat it all myself!!

Here are the directions to make your own.

Ingredients:
1 bunch of freshly washed organic kale
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of sea salt

After you have washed the kale, pat it dry with paper towels. I cut the leaf part off the stem (I save the stems and use them for juicing so they aren't wasted) and then place the bunch of kale in a frying pan.



Drizzle the EVOO over it and sprinkle the garlic powder and pinch of sea salt. Using tongs, flip the kale around to spread around the oil and seasonings.

Cook on over medium heat for about 5 minutes, rotating the kale constantly with the tongs. The idea is to gently wilt the kale, not fry or burn it. You can sneak little bites of it to get it to your desired level of texture.

I served this last night with my Lemon-Dijon Chicken. It was a perfect side dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment