Monday, April 14, 2014

Paleo Brownies

I was craving brownies something terrible the other day. I was looking around online for a recipe that fit my dietary restrictions and matched up with things I had in the house. I am NOT a fan of running to the store for one expensive ingredient!

I found one that I had most of the ingredients for and then modified it to make it fit. Hope that you enjoy them!!



Ingredients
1 cup Almond Flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda (if you are going strict paleo then use a substitute here)
1/2 cup Raw Cacao Powder (cocoa powder works just fine too)
9 pitted dates
3 organic eggs
1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon stevia extract (I make my own, get the directions here)

Put everything into your Food Processor and blend until smooth. It will be a very thick and pasty consistency.

Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with Parchment Paper . Using a spatula, spoon the batter into the pan and smooth down as best as possible.

Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 1 hour before cutting.

They taste amazing!! I loved the texture! As a (mostly) grain-free baker, texture is HUGE for me. These actually had the taste and texture of real brownies!!

We ate quite a bit the night they were baked and then stored the remainder in an airtight container in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment