Friday, May 9, 2014

Fried Eggs and Hash

I made my family gluten-free pizza for dinner tonight and it smelled amazing! But since I didn't have any of my vegan cheese handy I decided to make myself something different for dinner. After a brief rummage through the fridge I found some hashbrowns, eggs and bacon. Yes, bacon. Yum! I finally found some bacon that was nitrate, nitrite and sugar free! Hooray! It had organic honey in it. Normally I steer clear of honey (your body digests and breaks down honey and sugar almost identically and since I have a cane sugar allergy I try to avoid it. Plus recently I have noticed that it hurts my stomach when I eat it), but I figured the small amount that was in a couple slices would be okay.

So, back to dinner. I lined a 9x11 baking pan with parchment paper (this stuff is seriously amazing! I love how nothing sticks to it after baking!) and then covered it with a thin layer of frozen hashbrowns. Next I cracked two eggs over the top and laid them down gently so the yolks were still intact. I chopped up two slices of bacon and sprinkled it over the top. A light shaking of sea salt and black pepper was all that I added.

I baked it at 425F for about 20-25 minutes, until the bacon was crispy, the potatoes were browned and the yolks were cooked through. I added a few dollops of my homemade ketchup and boom! All done! I was able to pick up the entire piece of parchment paper and lift it out of the pan. I easily slid the meal as one piece off the paper and onto the plate using a spatula.

It was delicious! Not too shabby for a rummage dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment