Friday, March 15, 2013

We'll Miss You, Don!

On Saturday, March 9th, we were on our way home from my parent's house when we got a phone call. Matt's dad had died. We headed straight to his house (his roommate had found him) and got there before the police even had.

He had fallen asleep on the couch, with his feet propped up, and just never woke up because his heart stopped. He looked so peaceful sitting there, his glasses were even on his face still.

I don't have much else to say. This week has been a blur. Matt and I are taking care of all his legal affairs (people, please get a will written up!).

I think the way Gabriella took the news sums it up best when we told her that Papa Don had gone to sleep and then he woke up with Jesus and that it was called dying and we wouldn't get to see him again until we went to Heaven.
"I miss Papa Don," she said as she threw herself into my arms for a hug. "But he is happy with Jesus now."


No comments:

Post a Comment