Thursday, January 16, 2014

Amazing Homemade All Natural Detangler Spray!! It actually works!!

Last night I decided to make some homemade detangler spray for my daughter's crazy, curly hair.

Here is the instructions for you to make your own all natural detangler spray to use.


Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Glycerine 
1 teaspoon Vitamin Oil E
Distilled Water
6-12 drops of Essential Oil (I used orange)

Directions:
Using a funnel, carefully pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin into the bottle you will be using (I used an 8 ounce BPA-free bottle with sprayer lid that I purchased at http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/  for $.79 You could also reuse another bottle that you already have that has a fine-mist sprayer on it). 
Carefully pour in 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil. Add 6-12 drops of your preferred Essential Oil. Then fill the remaining space of the bottle (about 7 ounces) with distilled water. 

Put on lid and gently swish together to blend. 

Now it was time to try it out!

The "before" picture of my daughter's hair. The comb is stuck in it by itself! Normally combing her hair is a horrible ordeal that makes me stressed out and leaves her in tears from all the "tanglies". 

I sprayed about 4-5 squirts around her head and then tried again with the same fine-toothed comb. 
The comb went through like a hot knife though butter. No tears, no stress, it was amazing!!

All in all it cost me $1.12 ($2 exactly including the bottle) and about 1 minute to make this 8 ounce bottle of all natural detangler spray. 

*Note: I purchased my vegetable glycerin, pure vitamin E oil and essential oil from vitacost's website (can you tell how much I love them?). HERE is a link for $10 off your first $30 purchase. 

To get a great and simple recipe for homemade, all natural and organic 2-ingredient shampoo and conditioner, check my links here: Shampoo  and  conditioner.  I use these recipes for everyone in our family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment