Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Birthday Fun

My birthday was on the 17th of this month but I got a wild surprise on the 10th!

Matt came home at lunch (which isn't terribly uncommon). The VERY uncommon thing was when I asked him if he would like me to make him some lunch and he replied, "Nah, I'm not really hungry."

A few minutes later he headed into the living room and I heard the front door open. Then I heard nothing. I sent Gabriella into the living room (I was in the kitchen) to see what daddy was up to and still heard nothing. Then Matt called, "Emily, you have a birthday present out here. " I headed into the living room expecting a package from Mom or something, but I saw..... Jill, April and Naomi all standing there!! AAAAHHHHH!!!

I couldn't believe it!!! A few minutes later my cousin Nicole arrived too and we were off on a birthday surprise!!

We went and got some Pho for lunch...
April and Jill opted for spicy Pho!

Then Carol, Carol Dos, Knee-Highs, Coolie Cole and Fish hit the bowling lanes!

Next we all got manicures! So fun!!! 

Pretty nails!!

We ate dinner back at the house and then Nicole had to head back to Vancouver since she had work the next day. Gabriella and Xander loved her!

The rest of us stayed up WAY too late eating chocolate, watching girlie movies and throwing cereal at each other. 

We were up the next morning early and after a power breakfast of oatmeal we were off to Seattle!
(Here we are in a traffic standstill 1 mile down I5 from my house)

We hit the troll under the bridge
(as seen in the movie 10 Things I Hate About You)

And Gas Works park
(where they filmed the paintball scene in the same movie)

Ah Seattle. You are one of my favorite places in the whole world!!

It was CRAZY windy!!! Here we are at Kerry park. 

Then we headed downtown to Pikes Market. 
Going for a golden piggy ride!

Big Foot!!

Oh my word! This is the "gum wall" at the market. It is like in this weird little alley out back. We of course added our gum to the wall. 

Sisters (in law)!

Getting our veggie on, lol!

Texas donuts!

Hilarious bathroom sign!!

We had to head back to my house so the girls could hit the road to head home and hit a MEGA hail/rain/wind storm! You know its bad weather when everyone on the freeway is driving 30, not just me!

Aquatic and land tour vehicle. 

Water raging down the streets while the wind was trying to blow it back up!

Just the four of us celebrated my actual birthday on the 17th by going out to dinner at Red Robin for my free birthday burger!

Us girls eating our burgers!

Xander was too busy eating to do much else!

The boys!

Then Matt took me to H&M to use our two $6 Wrapp App free gift cards. Woo hoo!! I got 3 shirts for less than $4!

I've been sick a bit lately so I totally spaced on making myself a birthday pie (I have apricot pie every year since I was 10!). Praise Jesus for moms! Mom sent me this box of cookies and 30 candles in the mail. 

So we had birthday cookies and Gabriella and Matt sang to me!

I ended up getting horribly sick all night Friday and spent most of Saturday on the couch (more on that later). But overall turning 30 was pretty great. I feel so incredibly blessed by my hubby planning for, working out the details and paying for everything the weekend the girls came up. And I am SO blessed to have friends that are like family and family that are like friends who drove 16 hours to spend 24 with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment