Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Easy Sweet Potato, Bacon, Chard, and Tomato Quiche ~ Dairy and Gluten Free

Last night I decided to try out my new-to-me springform pan and make a quiche in it.


Usually I bake quiche in a 9x13 baking pan, and I think I will continue to do so after this. While the quiche looked impressive outside of the springform pan, it took me so long to clean the springform afterwards that I think I will opt for easy clean over impressive look.

Ingredients:
2 medium Organic Sweet Potatoes
1, 4 ounce package of bacon (I use Applegate Farms Naturals Sunday Uncured Bacon)
1 Handful diced swiss chard (spinach or broccoli are great substitutes)
1 Organic tomato
12 Organic Eggs
1 1/2 cups Organic Rice Milk (can use regular milk)
Sea Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder

Instructions:
Peel, shred and rinse sweet potatoes. Toss them into a frying pan set to medium heat. 

Add the swiss chard and heat until they are warmed through. Remove from heat. Chop bacon and fry it up until it is crunchy. Drain from grease. 

Whisk 12 eggs, 1 1/2 cups rice milk, 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp pepper, and 2 tsp garlic powder together in a bowl. 

Layer into 10 inch Springform pan (or 9x13 pan) in this order: sweet potatoes and chard mixture, cooked bacon, and diced tomato.

Then gently pour the egg mixture over the top. 
*My daughter does not like sweet potatoes so I made her a little dish on the side that was sweet potato-free

Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45-1 hour. Check for internal temperature to reach 160 degrees F and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. 

How it looks after the springform mold has been removed. 

Slice and enjoy while warm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment