Sunday, January 5, 2014

Organic Low-Sugar Pineapple Jelly

Last night I made some organic, low-sugar pineapple jelly. It was amazing!! Here is the recipe and instructions!


Pour two 32 ounce jars (64 ounces total) of organic 100% unsweetened pineapple juice into a large pot on the stove-top. I used RW Knudsen brand that I got for $1.49 per bottle! 

Add 9 Tablespoons of Low or No-Sugar-Needed Pectin . I add it one or two Tablespoons at a time and stir it in before adding more to prevent clumps. 

Add 9 Tablespoons of Organic Lemon Juice (I use Santa Cruz brand).

Bring to a boil. 

Add 2 1/2 cups of organic sugar and stir. Bring to a rapid boil and boil for 1 minute. *Note: it foams up HUGE so be sure to stir it continually while it is rapidly boiling. 

Once it has boiled rapidly for one minute, turn off the heat and skim off the foam. Pour it into pre-sanitized canning jars leaving 1/4 inch of headspace. 

After getting the lids and rings on, process them in a hot water bath for at least 5 minutes (I did it for 10 minutes as that is what I always do my jams and jellies for). 

Then remove the jars from the hot water bath and let them cool for 24 hours. 

My batch yielded 10 cups of jelly. 



*For more information on canning and canning safety, be sure to check out Pick Your Own's website. It has great information and USDA guidelines for safe canning practices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment